Hudsonville Eagles JV Jumps Out To Early Lead In Victory Over Grand Haven (4/13)
The Eagles JV grabbed an early lead on its way to a 5-1 victory over Grand Haven on Thursday. Matt Dow and Michael Sibbersen contributed to the Hudsonville offense with an RBI and three stolen bases respectively. The Eagles finished the day with six stolen bases.
Tockstein Throws Shutout As Hudsonville JV Defeats Kenowa Hills (4/14)
- Brenden Tocksteindidn’t allow a single run as Hudsonville Eagles JV defeated Kenowa Hills 16-0 on Friday. Tockstein allowed just four hits in four innings while striking out four, and no walks.
- He got a boost from the offense in the first on an RBI single by Brayden Vredeveld and seven more in the second inning including an RBI single by Matt Dow and an RBI double by Michael Sibbersen. The Eagles collected a total of 13 hits including multiple hits by Vredeveld,Jordan Wenzel, Sibbersen, and Dow.
Eagles JV Beats Kenowa Hills Behind Carney’s No-Hitter (4/14)
- Payton Carneydidn’t allow a single hit as Hudsonville Eagles JV defeated Kenowa Hills 19-0 on Friday. Carney was backed by a strong offense led by Brenden Tockstein who went 4-for-4 at the plate. Carney helped his own cause with an RBI single in the first inning. The fifth inning proved to be the difference in the contest where Hudsonville scored 12 thanks in part to doubles by Brayden Vredeveld, Ryan Szlachcic, Josh Hoekstra, and Garrett Rice. Carney added another RBI single as did Tockstein. Michael Sibbersen earned another RBI with a bases loaded walk.
Carny threw five innings, giving up zero runs, zero hits, striking out ten, and walking one. The Eagles also helped Carney by not committing a single error in the field.
Hudsonville JV falls late to Mustangs (4/15)
The Eagles held an early lead over Portage Central but couldn’t hold on for the win in their 5-4 loss on Saturday. Hudsonville got out of the gates strong with three runs in the first and another in the second to take a 4-1 lead. Ryan Szlachcic and Matt Dow led the way for the Eagles offense with two hits each.
Michael Sibbersen started the game but was replaced in the second inning by Brendan McManus who took the loss. McManus threw 4 2/3 innings giving up three hits while striking out four and walking three.
Hudsonville Eagles JV Defeats Portage Central 15-4 (4/15)
- Connor Veenema earned the win forHudsonville Eagles JV in the second game of a double header against Portage Central. Veenema tossed five innings, giving up four runs, four hits, striking out nine, and walking zero. The Hudsonville JVteam secured the victory for Connor Veenema with eight runs in the third inning. The Eagles 3rd inning scoring was led by a double by Brayden Vredeveld and a single byBrendan McManus.
- Hudsonville finished the game with 12 hits with McManus and Vredeveld collecting multiple hits. McManus, Vredeveld, and Matt Dow also drove in two runs each to help propel the Eagles to the win.